FLU SHOT CLINICS 2021
Our flu vaccine 2021 season is in full swing. Patients that are at least 6 months or older are eligible to receive a flu vaccine.
We have been offering flu vaccines to our parents this year on a trial basis. Due to the limited amount of vaccine allotted for this trial, we will not be able to offer to parents past October 2nd. We apologize if you are not able to receive the vaccine with your child this year, but we now know that we can plan for a larger allotment for next year!
We are now out of FluMist and are not certain if we will be able to obtain more.
All flu vaccine adminstration will be BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Call us at 309-662-0504 option 3 to schedule your family for a flu shot.
SEPTEMBER CLINIC DATES
**FULL!**September 13 & 20: Mist Monday! Afternoon clinic for flu mist only
September 14, 15, 21, 23, 24 and 27-30: Afternoon clinic
September 16, 17 & 22: Full day clinic
September 18 & 25: Saturday morning clinic
octoBER CLINIC DATES
October 1 and 5-8: Afternoon clinic
October 2 & 9: Saturday morning clinic
DRIVE THROUGH flu vaccines
Please view the arial image below for the drive through route. Vehicles will enter the South Parking Lot entrance and follow the safety cones into one of 2 lines which will be formed under the building overhang. A staff member will check you off the schedule and accept any paperwork*. When a nurse is ready to administer the vaccine, you may be allowed to stay in the vehicle or you may be asked to step out of your vehicle - we appreciate your cooperation with our nursing staff to administer the vaccine in the safest manner for all. After the vaccine is administered, you are free to go!
- Parents need to be prepared to assist in holding their child.
- Nurses have the authority to decline to administer the vaccine if your child is uncooperative.
- Please see the following Vaccine Information Sheet (VIS) for the version you/your child will receive. These are highly informative of the vaccine and what you may expect after administration.
- Parents are not eligible to receive Flumist and must be under 65 years of age to receive the flu vaccine from our office.
- *Parents receiving the flu vaccine will need to complete a registration/consent form. Please click the button below to download the form. Please print and bring with you to the appointment.
- If you are unable to print the form, please let us know ASAP. It will vastly improve the flow of our drive through traffic if all paperwork is completed before joining the lineup.
in office vaccines:
- For our patients with special needs or other patients for whom the drive through style is not compatible, please let the receptionist know when scheduling that you will need to be seen in the office, rather than the drive through.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we will follow the same procedure for any IN office appointment.
- Please text the number for your child's pediatrician with the patient name. Our receptionist will text you back when we have a room ready for you and then you may enter the building where a pediatric nurse will meet you.
- Patients of Drs. Bandy, Hahn, and Marshall. please text 309-846-0944
- Patients of Drs. Boe, Emm, Kohaus and Toohill, please text 309-846-3398