In-House Lactation Consultant
We are so excited to offer our patient families the services of an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant, right here in our office!
Jessica Stokowski, RN, IBCLC, has been with Bloomington Pediatrics for several years now as one of our amazing pediatric nurses - you likely have spoken with Jess on the phone as one of our incredibly helpful phone triage nurses. She is passionate about helping new moms, and is thrilled to share her depth of knowledge and experience with you!
Jessica is available for lactation consult appointments Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 11:00am to 4:00pm. To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 309-662-0504. Have a question on Thursday when Jess is not available? Feel free to use option 9 to leave her a voicemail!
Our in-office lactation services include:
- Coordinated newborn and lactation care during the office visit.
- Infant weight loss or inadequate weight gain follow up visits and feeding plans to meet baby and family needs.
- Ongoing communication with your baby’s provider about feeding progress with each follow up visit.
- Guidance to help mothers with breastfeeding techniques, including different latch and holding positions.
- Reviewing methods to improve & maintain milk supply.
- Ongoing support for the duration of your breastfeeding experience, follow up phone calls, weight checks and whenever questions or concerns may arise.
Breastfeeding can be difficult - both emotionally and physically. Our lactation consultant may be a great source of emotional support and encouragement. Jessica can work with you and your baby to increase your chances of having a long and successful feeding experience.
Here are a few resources available to help navigate your breastfeeding journey.