We are gearing up for flu vaccines and wanted to have a landing space for all things flu vaccine related here.
**NOVEMBER CLINIC INFO**
We plan to continue offering flu vaccine clinics in the month of November and will be making the necessary adjustments due to the changes in weather. We will continue to offer in-office and curbside appointments daily. Our drive thru style clinics will be offered on select weekdays and select Saturdays. Please call the office to inquire about availability and to schedule an appointment.
If you are interested in the flu mist for your child (aged 2 years and older), please call 309-662-0504 and select option 1 to speak with a nurse to determine if your child is a candidate for this option.
If you are interested in the flu shot for your child, please call 309-662-0504 and select option 3 for scheduling.
Please see the dates below that we have added for October flu vaccine clinics!
Flu "Mist Mondays" 3-5pm: October 5 and 12
Flu Shot Drive Thru still 3-5pm Tuesday through Friday through the month of October
Flu Shot Drive Thru Saturdays from 8:30-11:30am: October 3, 10, 17 and 24
Please review the clinic details below!
DRIVE THRU FLU VACCINE CLINICS!!!!!
We are happy to announce that we are ready to offer more drive thru flu vaccine clinics!
Beginning Tuesday September 8, we will be doing afternoon and Saturday drive thru flu vaccine clinics as follows:
Drive thru flu SHOT clinics Tuesday through Friday, 3-5pm
“Mist Mondays” will be September 14, 21, 28 from 3-5pm. This is for flu mist ONLY. Your child will be screened for eligibility for flu mist by one of our nurses when you call to schedule an appointment.
There will be 3 Saturday drive thru flu SHOT clinics in September: 9/12, 9/19, 9.26- all 8:30-11:30 am.
*If you need an appointment for flu vaccine during regular daytime hours of 9-11am or 1-2:45pm, please see "Regular Hours" procedure after the Drive Thru Clinic photo below*
Who is eligible for drive thru flu vaccines?
-Kids who are 6 months old and up can receive flu shots
-Kids who are 2 years and older may be eligible for flu mist, our nurses will help determine if this is a possibility for your child
Who should think about having a “non-drive thru” flu vaccine appointment?
-If your child tends to be very apprehensive and scared about receiving shots
-If your child has special needs that we can better accommodate in the office
-Parents needs to be prepared to assist in holding their child
-Nurses have the authority to decline to administer the vaccine if your child is uncooperative
- Please see the following Vaccine Information Sheet (VIS):
- Flu shot VIS
- Flu Mist VIS
YOU MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE DRIVE THRU FLU VACCINE CLINICS!
Call us at 309-662-0504 option 3 to schedule SHOTS, option 1 to schedule FLUMIST
- Follow the cones (see map below) and pull up under overhang
- One parent gets out of the car with the child
- Everyone that gets out of the car needs to be wearing a mask
- If your child is younger than 3 years old, please have them wear a onesie or shorts. If they are 3 or older, please have them wear a short sleeve shirt.
- Children that are able to stand on their own will stand on the “X”. Infants and toddlers will either stay in their infant car seat or be held by a caregiver
- Vaccine is given
- Family gets back in the car with a successfully vaccinated child :)
Drive Thru Clinic Traffice Flow:
Regular Hours Flu Vaccines:
Monday through Friday from 9-11 am and from 1-2:45pm, we will offer two options for flu vaccinations. All vaccine appointments are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call us at 309-662-0504 and select option 3 to schedule a Flu SHOT or select option 1 to schedule Flu MIST
For our patients 6 months old and up, we will have "Curbside" flu vaccines (weather permitting).
- Please park in one of the designated parking spots in the South parking lot labeled 1-5(see photo below)
- Text your child's name and your parking spot number to the phone number on the sign
- A pediatric nurse will meet you outside to administer the vaccine.
For our patients with special needs or others who will need to come IN the office:
- This will be the same procedure for any IN office appointment. Please text the number for your child's Pediatrician with the patient name. Our receptionist will text you back when we have a room ready for you and then you may enter the building where a pediatric nurse will meet you.
- Patients of Drs. Bandy, Hahn, Marshall and Moshier, please text 309-846-0944
- Patients of Drs. Boe, Emm, Kohaus and Toohill, please text 309-846-3398