- Place of birth: Elkhart, Indiana
- College: Goshen (Indiana) College, BA, Music Education; returned for pre-medical studies after three years of teaching strings and orchestra
- Medical School : Indiana University, MD
- Residency: Indiana University, Pediatrics
- Joined Bloomington Pediatrics and Allergy 1989, retired 2018
- Board Certification: American Board of Pediatrics; participating in ongoing Maintenance of Certification
- Professional Memberships: American Academy of Pediatrics, American Medical Association, Illinois State Medical Society, McLean County Medical Society, Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship
- Honors: Past chairman of Section of Pediatrics at BroMenn and St. Joseph's Medical Centers; past member of Milestone Committee supporting the building of the new Children's Hospital of Illinois
- Special pediatric interests: general pediatrics, helping parents with child-rearing challenges, child safety, overweight, ADHD, anticipatory guidance for adolescents
- Personal interests: church activities and service, rock climbing, music (learning to play the ukulele right now), travel, improving his French and Spanish, family history and genealogy
- Family: married; three young adult children, two married; no grandbabies yet
"What Is Success?"
To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate the beauty and to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social situation; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; This is to have succeeded.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
"When health is absent wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied." Herophilus